Wow, another year has gone by and we have a powerful post on the best motivational bible verses for athletes, particuarly when it comes to their fitness and courage from the Holy Scriptures. God gets joy to see His people strong.
Nehemiah 8:10 Then he said unto them, Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared: for this day is holy unto our Lord: neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the Lord is your strength.
As an athlete doing sports, may the Lord strengthen you to triumph and show forth His glory in all you do in Jesus' Mighty Name. Amen.
Do good with your strength!
Table of Contents
- What Are Some Good Motivational Athlete and Sports Scriptures?
- What Are Short Motivational Sports and Courage Scriptures For The Christian Athlete?
- What Are Top Fitness and Sports Scriptures For The Maturing Athlete and For Building Discipline?
What Are Some Good Motivational Athlete and Sports Scriptures?
- But Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” – Matthew 19:26
- For while bodily training is of some value, godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come. – 1 Timothy 4:8
- Two are better than one because they have a good return for their labor: If either of them falls down, one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up. – Ecclesiastes 4:9-10
- I can do all this through him who gives me strength. – Philippians 4:13
What Are Some Encouraging Bible Verses For The Upcoming Athlete To Build Mental Toughness and Endurance?
- Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. – Colossians 3:23-24
- The Lord is my light and my salvation—whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life—of whom shall I be afraid? – Psalm 27:1
- Show family affection to one another with brotherly love. Outdo one another in showing honor. – Romans 12:10
- Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.” – Deuteronomy 31:6
- And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. – Romans 8:28
- My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. – Psalm 73:26
- Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him, and he will act. – Psalm 37:5
What Are Short Motivational Sports and Courage Scriptures For The Christian Athlete?
- Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. – Philippians 4:6-7
- An athlete is not crowned unless he competes according to the rules. – 2 Timothy 2:5
- Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. – 1 Corinthians 9:24
- You may say to yourself, ‘My power and the strength of my hands have produced this wealth for me.’ But remember the Lord your God, for it is He who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms His covenant, which he swore to your ancestors, as it is today. – Deuteronomy 8:17-18
- He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even the youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on the wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary; they will walk and not be faint. – Isaiah 40:29-31
- I pray that out of his glorious riches, He may strengthen you with power through His Spirit in your inner being. – Ephesians 3:16
Do You Want Inspirational Bible Verses on Winning The Game and Team Spirit For Your Bible Study?
- This is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith. – 1 John 5:4B
- Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins. Show hospitality to one another without grumbling. As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God’s varied grace. – 1 Peter 4:8-10
- Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves. Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others. – Philippians 2:3-4
What Are Top Fitness and Sports Scriptures For The Maturing Athlete and For Building Discipline?
- As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another. – Proverbs 27:17
- I was pushed hard, so that I was falling, but the LORD helped me. The LORD is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. – Psalm 118:13-14
- Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. – Proverbs 3:3-6
- “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” – Jeremiah 29:11
- I will not be afraid of many thousands of people who have set themselves against me all around. – Psalm 3:6
- Do nothing out of rivalry or conceit, but in humility consider others as more important than yourselves. Everyone should look out not only for his own interests but also for the interests of others – Philippians 2:3-4
- No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it. – Hebrews 12:11
- Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. – Hebrews 12:1-2
- Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. – Philippians 4:6
What Are Some of The Best Bible Verses For Sporting Events and Athletes For Glory and Spiritual Growth?
- Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest. – Matthew 11:28
- The steps of a man are established by the LORD, when he delights in his way though he fall, he shall not be cast headlong, for the LORD upholds his hand. – Psalm 32:23-24
- Therefore do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward. For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God you may receive what is promised. – Hebrews 10:35-36
- The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still. – Exodus 14:14
- I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. – 2 Timothy 4:7
- The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. – Psalm 34:18
- Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. – James 1:2-3
- For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. – Isaiah 55:8-9
- And let us be concerned about one another in order to promote love and good works. – Hebrews 10:24