What is the definition of subdue?
Subdue means to put under or to put in subjection. We are to subdue our flesh and bring it under the rule of Christ Jesus.
Table of Contents
Other Meanings of The Word Subdue
- Subdue means to put under
- Subdue means to Conquer
- To Rule Over an Enemy
- Subdue also means to triumph over
- Subdue can mean to tame or humble by breaking the will of an enemy
- Subdue means to impoverish as an act of war
- Subdue means to take authority over something or someone
- Subdue means to overcome an enemy
- Subdue can also mean to bring a nation or people under submission
Scriptures That Define Subdue
- 1Chronicles 22:18 "Isn't the LORD your God with you? Hasn't he given you rest on every side? For he has delivered the inhabitants of the land into my hand; and the land is subdued before the LORD, and before his people.
- 1Samuel 7:13 So the Philistines were subdued, and they came no more within the border of Israel. The hand of the LORD was against the Philistines all the days of Samuel.
- 2Samuel 8:1 After this it happened that David struck the Philistines, and subdued them: and David took the bridle of the mother city out of the hand of the Philistines.
- 2Samuel 8:11 These also did king David dedicate to the LORD, with the silver and gold that he dedicated of all the nations which he subdued;
- 2Samuel 22:40 For you have armed me with strength for the battle. You have subdued under me those who rose up against me.
More Scriptures That Give The Definition of Subdue
- Isaiah 45:1 Thus says the LORD to his anointed, to Cyrus, whose right hand I have held, to subdue nations before him, and strip kings of their armor; to open the doors before him, and the gates shall not be shut:
- Joshua 18:1 The whole congregation of the children of Israel assembled themselves together at Shiloh, and set up the Tent of Meeting there. The land was subdued before them.
- Daniel 2:40 The fourth kingdom shall be strong as iron, because iron breaks in pieces and subdues all things; and as iron that crushes all these, shall it break in pieces and crush.
More Scriptures That Define Subdue
- Genesis 1:28 God blessed them. God said to them, "Be fruitful, multiply, fill the earth, and subdue it. Have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the sky, and over every living thing that moves on the earth."
- Hebrews 11:33 who, through faith subdued kingdoms, worked out righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions,