Table of Contents
What is the definition of humble?
- Humble means to submit yourself under the Authority of Almighty God.
- A humble person is a person that submits to the Word of God in their lives, living as God would have them to live.
- Having humility is in stark contrast to being a prideful person because a proud person lives the way that he wants to live with no regard to the will of God.
- A humble or meek person lives for God, but a proud person lives for himself.
How About Scriptures That Define Humility?
- 2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, who are called by my name, humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
- Psalm 131:1 O Lord, my heart is not lifted up; my eyes are not raised too high; I do not occupy myself with things too great and too marvelous for me.
- Matthew 23:8-12 But you are not to be called rabbi, for you have one teacher, and you are all brothers. And call no man your father on earth, for you have one Father, who is in heaven. Neither be called instructors, for you have one instructor, the Christ. The greatest among you shall be your servant. Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.
More Scriptures That Define Humility and Meekness
- Romans 12:3 For by the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think with sober judgment, each according to the measure of faith that God has assigned.
- 1 Peter 5:6-7 Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.