How Long Did It Really Take Noah To Build The Ark?
How many years are we talking about for the building of the famous Ark of Noah? We know that it housed the animals and Noah's family, but how long did it take to construct? How long did it take Noah to build the ark?
Table of Contents
Quick Facts About The Length of Time It Took To Construct Noah's Ark
- Many bible scholars and historians believe that it took between 52 to 75 years for Noah to build it in the story of Genesis to survive the flood.
- The length of time it took to build it shows the longsuffering of God, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.
- There isn't a conclusive verse in the bible that gives the exact length of time for the ark's construction.
- Many believe that it took near 100 years for Noah to build it.
- We know that it most likely took less than 100 years to build and that based on Genesis 6:3 that Noah had 120 years to build it, but several passages show that it was not 120 years to build it.
- The scholarly consensus is that it took around 52 to 75 years to build the ark.