I, and many biblical scholars believe it to be the city of Jerusalem, Israel.
The similarities between Jerusalem and the Garden of Eden and God's preoccupation with Jerusalem and returning His people there all point to Jerusalem as the location of the Garden of Eden.
The Lord Jesus was sacrificed just outside the city just as the Lord had to slay an animal to use its skin to cover Adam and Eve, as a result of their sin, in the garden. Not only that, but The Lord Jesus' return to crush the serpent's head is encapsulated by him putting his foot on the Mount of Olives, the site of the original sin according to many biblical scholars and splitting it (crushing the serpents head or rule) through a tremendous earthquake according to Zechariah 14:4 and Revelation 16:20.
It's the site where it all began and it's the site where it will all end. It all follows the biblical pattern.
I believe the Berean Endeavor channel encapsulates many of the scriptural truths that point to this truth of this so I have embedded it here so you can watch the video below.
Scriptures About the garden of Eden
- "The Lord will surely comfort Zion and will look with compassion on all her ruins; he will make her deserts like Eden, her wastelands like the garden of the Lord. Joy and gladness will be found in her, thanksgiving and the sound of singing." (Isaiah 51:3)
- "Son of man, take up a lament concerning the king of Tyre and say to him: 'This is what the Sovereign Lord says: 'You were the seal of perfection, full of wisdom and perfect in beauty. You were in Eden, the garden of God.'" (Ezekiel 28:12-13)
- "'I made it beautiful with abundant branches, the envy of all the trees of Eden in the garden of God.'" (Ezekiel 31:9)
- "They will say, 'This land that was laid waste has become like the garden of Eden; the cities that were lying in ruins, desolate and destroyed, are now fortified and inhabited.' " (Ezekiel 36:35)
- "Before them fire devours, behind them a flame blazes. Before them the land is like the garden of Eden, behind them, a desert waste— nothing escapes them." (Joel 2:3)
- "Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb down the middle of the great street of the city. On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations." (Revelation 22:1-3)