Do Ladies Have More Ribs than Men?
- No, women and men have the same number of ribs.
- The Bible does not claim that men have less ribs than women.
- Men and women have 12 pairs of ribs for a total of 24 ribs.
- This belief is taken from the biblical account of God taking a rib from the side of Adam and closing up the flesh.
- This is interesting because just as in modern-day surgeries, if you remove a rib, it doesn't make your subsequent children have one less rib. It just makes it the case for you.
- So men and women today have the same number of ribs.