Now the distressing spirit from the Lord came upon Saul as he sat in his house with his spear in his hand. And David was playing music with his hand. Then Saul sought to pin David to the wall with the spear, but he slipped away from Saul’s presence; and he drove the spear into the wall. So David fled and escaped that night." [1 Samuel 19:9-10 - NKJV]
The reason why David escaped the assault and attack upon his life, was because he was active in the usage of the that which God has placed in his hand at the time of the ambush!
If he had not been diligent, engaged, and immersed with the assignment at hand, that God has purposed, the spear would have prospered against him!
God has Given You Tailor-made, Specific Weapons
We have so many weapons that are being forged against us, and many that are fulfilling their purposes in our lives because we are not earnestly occupied in releasing our specific, tailor-made, individual sound into the atmosphere and heavenlies, so countering the arrows, spears, javelins, and swords that are directed and moving toward us.
Let us not just keep our weapons of praise, worship, prayer, righteousness, fasting, declaration of the Word, faith, love, holiness, thankfulness, etc...laying dormant in our hands, mouths, minds, and hearts.
Use What God has Given To You
Activate it through intentional use, harnessing its full potential, not just to the advantage of others, but surely as countermeasures against the onslaughts of the devil and his demons against ourselves.
I am reminded of when I was doing a counseling session with someone that was at their wit's end, ready to give up because all seemed hopeless and impossible.
While in conversation with them, the Spirit of God opened my spiritual eyes and I saw a sheath fastened behind the person's back with a sword inside it.
More On The Spiritual Weapons
At close inspection, the sheath and sword were full of cobwebs, and Holy Spirit revealed to me this particular individual had the choice weapon on their person, one for their offense as well as defense purposes, but it has not been drawn out of its sheath, therefore also not strategically wielded, to make warfare and use it for the purpose it was given to them!
The Word continues on to say “So David fled and escaped THAT night”...
Let us always find ourselves in a state of obedience towards the Word of God concerning our individual lives, actively using our giftings, callings, and anointings daily!
One never knows when the enemy will strike, but as we are found constantly in a state of heavenly business, we will surely escape the enemy's advances, plots, plans, and attacks.
God Give Me A Fresh Anointing
Let us not depend on yesterday's song, decree, testimony, word, prayer, etc… to carry us through today or for that matter, tomorrow! Just as sure as God's mercies are new every morning, the enemy's attacks are without faint, so we should pick up our weapons of warfare daily, with a new song (the lyrics may be the same, but the meaning has grown sweeter through a closer, more intimate fellowship, a greater revelation, passion, belief, and depth), a new word (another vantage point of the Holy Scriptures, dreams, visions), a new prayer (not just thinking of self, constantly asking, complaining and begging, but, declaring, decreeing commanding and petitioning on behalf of others, sending forth), etc. in order for our today to have the ingredients to once again dodge, maneuver, escape and overcome the wiles of the enemy!
Bible Verses For Spiritual Warfare
- John 10:10 KJV The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
- Isaiah 54:17 KJV No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord.
- Romans 13:12-14 KJV The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light. Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying. But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfill the lusts thereof.
- Ephesians 6:11-18 11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
- Zechariah 4:6 KJV Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the Lord unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the Lord of hosts.
- 1 John 4:4 KJV Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
- 1 Samuel 17:47 KJV And all this assembly shall know that the Lord saveth not with sword and spear: for the battle is the Lord’s, and he will give you into our hands.
- Romans 8:37-39 KJV Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- 1 John 5:4-5 KJV For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?
- 2 Corinthians 10:4 KJV (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
- Matthew 4:10-11 KJV Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve. Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him.
- Deuteronomy 28:7 KJV The Lord shall cause thine enemies that rise up against thee to be smitten before thy face: they shall come out against thee one way, and flee before thee seven ways.
- James 1:13 KJV Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
- Genesis 3:14-15 KJV And the Lord God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life: And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
- Ephesians 6:10-11 KJV Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
- James 4:7 KJV Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
- Ephesians 6:12 KJV For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
- 2 Corinthians 11:14 KJV And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
- 2 Kings 6:16 KJV And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them.
- Psalm 91:1-16 KJV He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence. He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler. Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day; Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday. A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee. Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked. Because thou hast made…
- 1 Peter 2:11 KJV Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul;
- Exodus 15:3 KJV The Lord is a man of war: the Lord is his name.
- Ephesians 6:13 KJV Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
- 1 Peter 5:8 KJV Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
- 1 Corinthians 10:13 KJV There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
- 2 Chronicles 20:15 KJV And he said, Hearken ye, all Judah, and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem, and thou king Jehoshaphat, Thus saith the Lord unto you, Be not afraid nor dismayed by reason of this great multitude; for the battle is not yours, but God’s.
- Colossians 2:15 KJV And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
- 2 Corinthians 10:3-4 KJV For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds;)
- May you overcome every spiritual battle in Jesus' Name.
- Luke 10:19 KJV Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
- Galatians 5:17 KJV For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
- Matthew 4:1 KJV Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.
- 2 Thessalonians 3:3 KJV But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil.
- Job 1:9 KJV Then Satan answered the Lord, and said, Doth Job fear God for nought?